Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Note on L-O-V-E

Did you know that "love" is a word that is incapable of a solid definition? That's because it means something different to everyone. I also believe there are different types of love. Or maybe the guys writing the dictionary just never experiened it and could put it into words.

I know what my love is, and I know what it feels like to be loved. I know when I need love and when I need to give love. My love is bold, it is strong, concrete and undeniable. I think the love I give is based on the love I have received in my life, from my family, friends, pets, experiences and dreams. I hope you know what I mean by this.

Why am I talking about love on a Nutrition and Wellness blog? I'm a strong believer in love, I think it is give and take, sadly sometimes it is a one way street and we decide whether we keep that one way running or pull a U-turn. I'm a hopeless romantic and dream big. Everything I plan to do in my life is because I love what I'm doing or I love the destination it will bring me to- I thank the people in my life who have allowed me to see this.

The reason I want to write about love today is because love is essential to human life- to happiness. In terms of health, love is a huge factor. When you love yourself you make good choices and show your body respect. If you don't, you abuse your body, put foreign substances into it and treat it poorly. You need to discover what in your life is missing to make you do this and fill the void. Are you not receiving the love you deserve? Are you not surrounded by people who love and support you? What is it, find your answer, make changes. You are the director of your own fate.

I just want to say that because of the love and support in my life, I am in a good place. There were many dark times in my life, times when I was not happy for a long time, I'm not perfect nor do I claim to be, I'm human. I learned, I grew, I'm here now. The people I CHOOSE to surround myself with, people I call, people I text, people I see and keep in my life are here for a reason. I want them there. I learn from them, and hopefully they learn from me. The people who enter into your life are likely here for a reason, to guide you, to build your character and to show you new things. I strongly believe everything happens for a reason.

If you feel like you need to make changes in your life but are in a rut and can't seem to push through, are you missing something in your life? Are you in need of something you are not getting? Maybe your inner circle needs to be adjusted and modified, maybe more people need to be brought in. We cannot expect love to happen without risks and without putting ourselves out there. Support is essential to success, I believe I have mentioned this 2 or 3 times from other posts, but it's because I really emphasize it.

Add some love into your life and see how not only your perspective changes, but also your emotions, your motives and your drives. Are you smiling just thinking about how happy you could be. Don't be afraid of love- the rewards far outweigh the risks.

To everyone past and present in my life, I love you, you keep me motivated and focused, thank you!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment